If you find yourself dreading your household chores, you aren’t alone. Whether folding laundry or cleaning the floors, these tasks can seem overwhelming and tedious – especially when you don’t get the results you are looking for. One chore many people find themselves avoiding is cleaning the inside of their windows, because annoying spots and streaks can sometimes hinder your efforts. Thankfully, there a few steps you can take to clean your windows as quickly and effectively as possible, leaving behind streak-free, sparkling windows that will surely have you feeling satisfied.
Here is one proven method to get your windows looking clean and streak-free:
- Start by collecting your supplies. You’ll need a sponge, two clean cloths, glass cleaner, a bucket to hold all of your cleaning solution, a large towel, and a rubber squeegee.
- Lay the towel down to protect your floors.
- Prepare your glass cleaner. There are a number of products you can use, but regular dish soap and water work just fine. Alternatively, mixing equal parts water and vinegar is also effective.
- To begin cleaning the interior of your windows, dunk your sponge into the bucket of cleaning solution and squeeze out any excess water. Wipe down the entire window, making sure to get the edges and corners.
- Using the rubber squeegee, wipe the water from the window by starting at one edge and moving the squeegee either vertically or horizontally. Be sure to overlap each stroke by a few inches, and wipe down the blade of the squeegee in between each stroke.
- Using your last clean cloth, wipe up any excess water that the squeegee may have left behind. This will prevent streaking.
- Repeat for each window in your apartment.
By using these tips to keep the inside of your windows clean, you will be able to fully enjoy the sights outside your apartment in Alachua, FL, with fewer annoying spots or streaks marring your view. However, admiring our beautiful landscaping isn’t the only aspect of living at One 51 Place that residents enjoy. To learn about the many other benefits of living in our community, call us today or take a personal tour with the friendly staff at our leasing office.