Gift giving can be an incredibly rewarding experience, but it can also be stressful if you’re on a budget and trying to save money. You may not want to give a friend or family member an impersonal gift card to a store you think he or she might like – most likely, you want to give a gift that has more meaning to your friend or loved one.
Thankfully, there are many economical yet meaningful gifts you can give, such as:
• An experience – Instead of buying your friend a gift, giving him or her an experience can be less expensive and much more fun. For example, an at-home movie date during which you order in food and stream a movie. You could also opt to cook a delicious dinner for your loved one.
• Inexpensive art – Find a quote your friend loves and then get it lettered as a print. Many Etsy shops will create custom prints for a reasonable price.
• A puzzle – Gift your family member a giant puzzle and then promise to help him or her put it together.
• A mug you designed yourself – There are dozens of tutorials online for DIY mugs. In one tutorial, you use an oil-based paint Sharpie to draw a design on an oven-safe mug like an initial or quote and then let it dry overnight. The next day, bake the mug in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees to set the design.
• A potted plant – A simple potted plant is a gift your friend or loved one probably would not expect to be given, so it’ll be a nice surprise for him or her without breaking the bank for you.
When you’re looking for an Alachua, Florida, apartment, consider One 51 Place. Our apartments come in professionally designed color schemes in beige, taupe, or gray. In addition, we offer many wonderful amenities, like a spacious clubhouse with pool and kitchen, surround-sound theater, and air-conditioned, full-sized, indoor basketball court.