Magnesium sulfate – more commonly known as Epsom salt – is a naturally occurring mineral that has been proven to have a number of uses. From its many health benefits to its numerous household uses, Epsom salt has been a go-to solution for a number of reasons for hundreds of years.
In the body, magnesium is believed to help to reduce inflammation, improve muscle and nerve function, and prevent the hardening of arteries. On the other hand, sulfate helps the body to absorb nutrients and flush toxins from the body. As a combination of the two, Epsom salt has a wide variety of uses, including:
- Treatment of minor aches and pains – Soaking in a warm Epsom salt bath may help to reduce inflammation and relieve minor body aches.
- Splinter removal – Soaking your finger in Epsom salt water can make it easier – and less painful – to remove a splinter.
- Treatment of bug bites – Some experts suggest that Epsom salt can help to relieve itching from bug bites. Simply dissolve a tablespoon of Epsom salt in ½ cup of water and spritz on the affected area.
- Skin exfoliator – Gently rub a handful of Epsom salt on damp skin. The salt will remove dead skin cells and leave skin feeling soft and fresh.
- Tile/grout cleaner – Combine equal parts Epsom salt and dish soap to effectively clean tiles and grout.
- Soil enhancer – Add Epsom salt to soil before you begin planting. The magnesium in the salt can help your indoor plants grow more quickly.
- Insecticide – Epsom salt is also a natural, safe way to deter insects from destroying your potted plants.
These are just a few of the ways you can use Epsom salt at your One 51 Place apartment in Alachua, FL
. Our apartments are the perfect combination of comfort and style – and at a reasonable price. To learn how to become a resident of our community, contact One 51 Place today. We also invite you to come by our leasing office to take a personal tour of our property.