There are seemingly countless cleaning products on the market, but many are pricy and made with strong chemicals. What many people don’t know is that there are a few common, non-toxic household items that work just as well – if not better – than those expensive products you’ll find in the cleaning aisle.
- Vinegar – Vinegar is both a deodorizer and disinfectant. Mix one part vinegar to three parts water and use it to clean everything from your floors to your toilet. You can also use vinegar to get your mirrors and glass sparkling clean. If you aren’t a fan of the smell, mix in a few drops of essential oil.
- Baking soda – Baking soda is a great scouring agent, as well as a deodorizer. Sprinkle some on your carpets before vacuuming to leave them smelling fresh and clean.
- Lemon juice – Lemon juice eliminates mold and mildew, is anti-bacterial, and shines hard surfaces. Plus, it’ll leave behind a great scent.
- Castile soap – Made from plant oils, castile soap cuts through grease to leave your dishes clean and chemical-free.
- Hydrogen peroxide – Use hydrogen peroxide to clean the surfaces in your kitchen or bathroom. You can also soak your sponges in one part hydrogen peroxide and one part water for 10 minutes to remove any unpleasant odors.
By using these items to clean, your One 51 Place apartment will be fresher than ever. Plus, you’ll feel good knowing you saved money at the store by using what you had on-hand.
For information on renting an Alachua, FL, apartment
in our community, contact One 51 Place today. You can also stop by our leasing office to see our beautiful property in person.