A podcast is defined as a digital audio file, video file, or recording that can be downloaded from a website to a computer or mobile device. These files are usually part of a themed series, used to inform or inspire subscribers about various topics, and can range from stories about the news to interviews with celebrities.
Whether podcasts are enjoyed through a computer or a phone, they can provide many hours of great entertainment and informative content at our apartments in Alachua, Florida. For those who have never listened to a podcast before, here are five great ones to get started with:
• This American Life – One of the top podcasts in the country, This American Life gives heartwarming, funny, and sometimes sad short stories about life in America.
• Stuff You Missed in History Class – This is a podcast for the history buffs, as the hosts discuss strange and unique stories from history.
• PBS News Hour – For those who are looking for a news-focused podcast, this one is for you. It features analysis, background reports, and updates on national and global current events.
• The Nerdist – This is a comedy podcast that includes interviews with celebrities, as well as tidbits on comics, video games, and TV shows.
• Stuff You Should Know – A unique podcast that covers a variety of odd topics, such as “How Tickling Works” and “How Albert Einstein’s Brain Worked,” using a popular culture as a reference.
There are hundreds of podcasts available for download nowadays, and the best part is that listening to them is a free activity. All you need is a computer or smartphone with Internet access.
If you would like to learn more about One 51 Place, contact us today or stop by our leasing office for a tour.