Many residents of One 51 Place apartments pride themselves on their commitment to keeping their living space neat and tidy. One part of many apartments that is often unintentionally neglected, however, is the garbage disposal. Since a garbage disposal is carefully hidden under the sink, it’s no wonder that most people typically don’t find themselves thinking about their garbage disposals on a regular basis.
Although garbage disposals are a critical appliance that keep households running smoothly, many people don’t realize their importance until a disposal becomes blocked or clogged. To prevent this from occurring, here are a few tips on how to take care of your garbage disposal:
- Keep your garbage disposal clean by occasionally pouring some dish soap into the disposal and running it with the water running for about a minute.
- Don’t put anything into your garbage disposal that isn’t biodegradable food.
- If a strong odor starts to come from your garbage disposal, pour some baking soda down the drain and let it sit for a few hours. Then, run the water and garbage disposal to rinse it out.
- Avoid putting expandable foods such as pasta and rice into your garbage disposal, as they can cause clogs in your pipes.
- Run your garbage disposal using cold water only, because hot water can cause the grease in foods to accumulate and clog drains.
These tips are great to follow to keep the garbage disposal in your One 51 Place apartment in Alachua, FL
, running efficiently. If you are not yet a resident of our community, contact us today or stop by our leading office for a guided tour. Our apartments feature spacious floorplans, professionally-designed color schemes, and many more features that help to make it the perfect place to call home.