Are you looking for easy ways to reduce your energy consumption? There are hundreds of ways to do so, and not all of them require major changes to your living environment or daily routine. In fact, there are plenty of easy changes you can make today that will benefit the environment and shrink your carbon footprint. These changes include:
• Unplugging your TV (and all electronics, for that matter) when not in use
• Using your microwave rather than your oven whenever possible (this cooking method uses about 50 percent less energy)
• When brushing your teeth, always turning the water off between brushing and rinsing
• Taking a shower rather than a bath, as this uses significantly less water
• Changing your light bulbs to compact fluorescent light bulbs (added bonus: they last significantly longer than standard incandescent light bulbs)
• Not rinsing your dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, and only running the dishwasher when there is a full load
If you’re committed to changing a few of your habits to better the environment, these modifications should be an easy addition to your lifestyle. It doesn’t take too much effort to make a big difference in your overall energy consumption.
If you’re looking for an Alachua, Florida, apartment for rent, consider One 51 Place. Our apartments feature professionally designed color schemes, nine-foot ceilings with crown molding, and modern appliances in bisque finishes. Contact us today or stop by our leasing office to learn more.