Many people know that making s’more is a classic part of the camping experience. But, what do you do if you are craving this campfire treat but don’t have access to a fire to toast your marshmallows? Thankfully, there’s an easy and likely unexpected replacement – your oven! By using your oven’s broiler, you can get gooey, perfectly toasted marshmallows in minutes, so you can make s’mores whenever you’d like.
Here are the steps you’ll need to follow while making s’mores at your apartment:
- Gather your graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows. Typically, larger marshmallows work best.
- Turn on your oven to the broil setting.
- Break each graham cracker in half and place one of the halved pieces on a baking sheet. Save the other half of each cracker, as you’ll be using it to top the s’mores at the end.
- Put one large marshmallow on each cracker and place the pan in the oven. Keep the oven door open as the marshmallows brown so you can keep an eye on them – they will cook quickly.
- When the tops of the marshmallows are brown, carefully take the baking sheet out and flip the marshmallows. Place the sheet back in the oven and brown the underside.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and place a piece of chocolate on top of each marshmallow, which will still be warm enough to melt the chocolate.
- Top each s’more with the other half of the graham cracker and enjoy!
Your One 51 Place apartment in Alachua, FL, is a great place to make s’mores. Our apartments’ kitchens have plenty of cabinet space to store your ingredients, as well as ample counter space to use while cooking. In addition to our functional kitchens, our apartments also boast luxurious features such as professionally designed color schemes, walk-in closets, and full-sized washer and dryer hookups. If you are not yet a resident of One 51 Place and would like to learn more, contact us today. You can also come by our leasing office for a guided tour.