Meal prepping can be a great way to make life a little easier during the hectic week. Not only is it an easy way to ensure you eat healthier meals and appropriate-sized portions, but it can also help save you time during the week, if you choose to prep on the weekends. Another great thing about meal prepping is that is can be different for everyone. For example, some people may work late and choose to only meal prep their dinners, while others may find that also preparing their breakfasts, lunches, and snacks ahead of time is helpful, too.
Meal prepping can seem overwhelming if you’ve never done it before. Thankfully, there are a few things you can do to set yourself up for success:
- If you are just starting to meal prep, begin by preparing 3-4 days’ worth of food at a time, as starting off with an entire week can be overwhelming.
- Plan out the meals you will be prepping for, so you know exactly what ingredients you’ll need to purchase at the store. Remember that your meals will likely be sitting in a container for a few days, so it’s best to cook meals that will sit well without getting mushy or tasting funky.
- Set aside enough time to cook all of your meals at once. This will vary depending on how many meals you are cooking.
- Alternatively, you can portion uncooked meats or vegetables to be cooked and eaten daily.
- Invest in containers to store your food to help you stay organized and control your portions. If you will be reheating your food, it will probably be best to choose containers that are microwave-friendly.
The kitchen in your Alachua, FL, apartment
at One 51 Place will be the perfect place to meal prep. With ample counter space, a glass-top stove, large refrigerator, and spacious pantry, preparing and cooking your meals will be a breeze. If you are not yet a resident of our community and would like to learn more about living at One 51 Place, contact us today or stop by our leasing office for a personal tour.