Whether as a dessert or to wash down some French fries, milkshakes always make a tasty treat. Best of all, they are easy to customize and can be adapted to meet virtually all taste preferences. While many restaurants and fast food chains offer a variety of yummy milkshakes, nothing quite beats the taste of one that’s homemade.
If you’ve never made your own milkshake before, don’t worry! Dig out your blender and follow these simple steps to craft the prefect summertime treat!
- Start with your ice cream – If you’re planning on adding a variety of syrups and toppings, a plain vanilla ice cream works best. If you’re going to keep it simple with the toppings but still want a different flavor shake, you can choose an ice cream like mint chocolate chip or cookies and cream. Whatever flavor you choose, let your ice cream soften a bit, and then add three scoops to your blender.
- Add the milk – Whole milk has a thicker consistency, making it ideal for milkshakes, but other types of milk, like skim, soy, or almond, will work fine as well. Adding ¼ cup of milk per three scoops of ice cream is recommended, but this can vary depending on factors like scoop size, the kind of milk used, and your desired consistency. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
- Add toppings – From vanilla or mint extract, to pieces of candy, to chocolate or strawberry syrup, the possibilities of ingredients for your milkshake are virtually endless. Add as much or as little as you want to get the perfect flavor.
- Blend – Use the pulsing setting on your blender, pausing to hand-stir your mixture every once in a while. If it seems too thick, you can add another splash of milk. If it’s too watery, add an extra half-scoop of ice cream.
- Pour and enjoy – If you’re feeling fancy, you can even top your milkshake with whipped cream and a cherry!
Your Alachua, FL, apartment will make the perfect setting to enjoy this frozen treat. Our spacious floorplans mean that there will be enough room in your apartment to enjoy your milkshake with friends. To learn more about life at One 51 Place, contact us today by calling or stopping by the leasing office. A member of our staff will be glad to answer your questions and give you a personal tour.