Getting ready to go on vacation is an exciting time full of anticipation. However, there are a number of things you’ll need to do before you can kick your feet back and relax. In addition to packing for your trip and organizing your itinerary, you’ll also need to prepare your apartment for your time away.
Here’s a pre-vacation checklist to help get you started preparing your apartment for your vacation:
- Ensure all bills – like rent, utilities, and internet – are paid before you leave
- Unplug small appliances and electronics
- Empty your refrigerator of any food that will expire before you return
- Right before you leave, take out the trash
- Consider leaving on a light or two to make it look like someone is in your apartment, especially if you will be gone only a few days
- Ensure all windows and doors are locked
- Call your post office to have them hold your mail while you’re away
Finally, be sure to let the leasing office know when you’re leaving town and when you’ll be back. If you will have limited access to e-mail and phone calls, let us know about that as well.
After your vacation, there’s no better place to return to than your One 51 Place apartment in Alachua, FL
. Our residents enjoy spacious floorplans and professionally designed color schemes, as well as numerous community amenities such as a pool, clubhouse, and more. For more information, contact our leasing office today, or stop by to take a personal tour.