Nearly everyone keeps a box of baking soda in their pantries, but did you know you can use this versatile product for more than just baking? As it turns out, there are seemingly endless uses for baking soda that can make your life a whole lot easier. Rather than purchasing separate products for a variety of different uses, check out the list below to see if you can use your box of baking soda instead:
Baking soda can be used for:
- Deodorizing – Whether it’s your refrigerator, garbage can, or garbage disposal that has a pungent smell, baking soda can help. Just sprinkle a little down your drain or into trash bin, or leave an open box in your fridge to neutralize odors.
- Unclogging drains – Pour a baking soda and vinegar mixture down the drain to remove any clogs.
- Cleaning tile floors – Add ½ cup of baking soda to a bucket of warm water to get your tile floors sparkling clean.
- Mouthwash – Mix one teaspoon of baking soda into a glass of water to make your own mouthwash. Be sure to rinse with plain water after you are done.
- Exfoliating – Combine three parts baking soda to one part water and gently rub onto your skin in a circular motion. Rinse when done.
There are just a few of the many baking soda hacks you can utilize at your Alachua, FL, apartment
. If you are not currently a resident of One 51 Place, but would like to learn more about renting an apartment in our community, contact us today.