Did you know that you can clean the inside of your dishwasher using a packet of Kool-Aid? Or that all you need to sanitize a wooden cutting board is lemon juice and salt? It’s true – there are many ways to clean the items in your apartment kitchen using ingredients that you might already have on hand.
Here are five unique ways to clean different items in your Alachua, Florida, apartment kitchen:
• In an ice cube tray, freeze lemon slices in vinegar. Every few days, run a couple of the cubes through the kitchen garbage disposal to keep it clean and smelling fresh.
• To clean a blender, squirt in a drop of soap and then fill the blender with water until it’s almost halfway full. Then, run the blender, rinse it out, and you’re done!
• To clean the inside of your oven, combine a box of baking soda with water to form a paste. Then, spread the paste all around the inside of the oven and let it sit overnight. Use a spatula to remove the paste, and finish by wiping down the oven with a damp rag.
• Clean your dishwasher by pouring a packet of lemonade-flavored Kool-Aid into the detergent cup and running the dishwasher empty. The citric acid in the Kool-Aid will wipe out stains.
• Clean a wooden cutting board using lemon juice and salt. First, cut a lemon in half. Then, use one-half of the lemon and squeeze the juice out onto the board. Next, sprinkle coarse salt over the board and take the other half of the lemon to squeeze lemon juice over the salt. To finish, wipe the salt off your board with a damp paper towel and let it air dry.
Along with beautiful, spacious kitchens that include updated appliances and oversized cabinets, the apartments at One 51 Place come in professionally designed color schemes in beige, taupe, and gray. These color schemes are reflected throughout each apartment, from the carpeting to the wall color to the ceramic tile. To learn more, contact us today or stop by our leasing office for a tour.