One medicine cabinet staple that just about everyone should keep in their bathroom is petroleum jelly, commonly known by the popular brand name, Vaseline. A naturally occurring byproduct of the oil drilling process, this product wowed early users for the ways in which it helped to quickly heal minor cuts and burns – though modern day uses extend far beyond treating these minor ailments. Although you may not know it, this item has a number of surprising uses that can help to make your daily life easier.
Here are just a few of the ways Vaseline can come in handy:
- Makeup stain remover – When applied with a damp washcloth, Vaseline can lift those stubborn makeup stains from fabric.
- Moisturizer – Apply Vaseline to your dry skin and chapped lips to promote healing and keep them moisturized.
- Shoe polish – Rub a bit of Vaseline on leather shoes or bags to remove scuffs and keep them looking like new.
- Hair product – Comb a small amount of Vaseline through your hair to keep unruly frizz and split ends under control.
- Remove gum from hair – In the unfortunate event that you get a piece of chewing gum stuck in your hair, use a little Vaseline to help work it out.
These are just a few of the many uses for Vaseline. Keeping a jar on hand in the bathroom of your One 51 Place apartment in Alachua, FL, may come in handy in more ways than one. Our apartments are the premier place to live in Alachua, and feature spacious floorplans, professionally-designed color schemes, and luxurious community amenities. If you are not yet a resident of One 51 Place, call us today or stop by our leasing office to learn more about living in our community.