If you live alone and are tired of going through the hassle of making an entire pot of coffee for yourself, or if you and the people you live with have different coffee preferences, consider investing in a Keurig, a single-serve brewing system that can completely change the way you approach your morning coffee. Keurig machines most famously make coffee, but can also brew other popular beverages like hot chocolate and tea, through K-cups, pre-packaged pods that you can purchase and use to make your favorite hot beverage.
The instructions for using a Keurig may vary depending on the specific model, so be sure to carefully read the manual before using your Keurig. However, generally speaking, the process for making a beverage with a Keurig is fairly simple:
- The first time you use your Keurig out of the box, you’ll need to clean it. See your instruction manual for further information.
- Plug in your Keurig. The machine will take just a minute to heat the water to the proper brewing temperature.
- Fill your Keurig’s reservoir with water by lifting the lid and carefully pouring water into the appropriate space. Most Keurig machines are capable of holding enough water for several cups.
- Choose your K-cup. These are available at numerous retail outlets, including grocery stores and department stores, and come in seemingly unlimited flavors. Refillable K-cups are also available, which you can fill with your own coffee grounds. Insert the K-cup into its designated place. There is usually a handle above the Keurig logo in the center of the machine.
- Your Keurig will indicate that it is ready to brew. Place a mug on the tray, making sure that it is large enough to contain your beverage.
- If necessary, indicate the size of the cup (in ounces) you want to make, and then press the “Brew” button. In a matter of minutes, your cup will be ready, but be sure to let it cool before drinking!
When you rent an apartment at One 51 Place, your Alachua, FL apartment will have ample space for your Keurig thanks to our spacious floorplans. Our kitchens not only have an exceptional amount of counter space, but are also equipped with the finest appliances, so you can make a tasty breakfast to accompany your cup of coffee. To learn more about the kitchen and other rooms of our luxurious One 51 Place apartments, contact us today by calling or stopping by our leasing office.