There are plenty of grocery stores just minutes from our Alachua apartment community for our residents’ shopping convenience. However, sometimes it can also be fun to make your food at home – even if it could be easily purchased at the store. One such type of food is butter, and your very own Alachua apartment at One 51 Place is the perfect place to churn some butter, and have some fun while doing so.
Churning butter in your Alachua apartment is actually easier than it sounds. Just follow these steps:
- Pour some fresh cream into a butter churn – you can also allow milk to sit for half of a day in your refrigerator and skim the cream that will naturally separate from and sit atop the milk
- Churn the cream for 20-30 minutes until you can feel it become thick, making sure to do so in a room temperature environment
- Empty the butter and buttermilk from the churn into a bowl, and then pour the buttermilk into a separate container to separate it from the butter
- Add some salt to the butter to help enrich the flavor – how much you add is up to you
- Place the butter in a covered container and chill in your refrigerator to be used at a later time
Before you know it, you’ll have your own hand-churned butter to spread on a number of different homemade meals. To learn more about living at our Alachua apartment community, please give us a call or stop by our leasing office today for a personal tour of the community.