Coffee is one of the most popular drinks in the world and it’s likely that no two people take their coffee exactly the same way. While some might like their coffee thick and black, others prefer a deluge of cream and sugar. Regardless of how strong, weak, or in between you take your java, one thing is for sure – there’ll never be a shortage of choices!
Fifty years ago, you probably would have walked into a coffee shop and had your choice of coffee or, well, coffee. Today, coffeehouse chains, boutique coffee breweries, specialty roasts, and a bevy of other influences have made coffee as much a drinkable art form as wine. However, it can certainly be overwhelming to walk into the café on the corner and stare at the drink menu and wonder what everything is. Below are a few of the most popular coffee drinks out there today:
- Espresso – a single shot is about 1-1.5 ounces; made from finely ground dark espresso beans
- Cappuccino – half espresso and half steamed milk, usually topped with frothed milk
- Café Americano – a single shot of espresso with about six ounces of hot water added
- Café latte – a single shot of espresso with steamed milk and no froth
- Café au lait – brewed coffee, not espresso, with steamed milk
- Espresso macchiato – also called espresso con panna; espresso with a dollop of cream or frothed milk on top
- Frappe – a cold drink of ice, sugar, water, and brewed coffee or espresso; sometimes served blended for a frothy consistency
- Café mocha – a cappuccino with a drizzle of chocolate syrup or cocoa on top
- Turkish coffee – boiling water and finely ground coffee together to make a dark, very strong drink
It’s easy to sit back, relax, and enjoy the perfect cup of coffee in your Alachua apartment. With so many incredible apartment features like enormous walk-in closets, sit-down bathroom vanities, and nine-foot ceilings with crown molding, you’ll be living in the lap of luxury. For more information about features or community amenities, please don’t hesitate to contact our leasing office today.