When you’re around other people, whether they’re family members or friends, there is a high chance of catching someone else’s cold or flu. That’s why it is important to keep common areas disinfected and clean, whether those areas are inside your apartment or at work.
Take a look at the following common areas where germs are known to camp out, and consider these quick tips as part of your weekly cleaning routine for your apartment in Alachua, FL.
- Door handles – This includes your front door, refrigerator door, microwave, and cabinets. Aim to clean these areas with a disinfectant wipe daily.
- Technology – This includes keyboards, house phones, and frequently used gadgets. While these may be harder to clean, carefully wipe them with a damp cloth pre-moistened with disinfectant.
- Your Hands – Make sure to keep hand soap accessible near all sinks, and wash your hands often. Keep some hand sanitizer handy at all times, too.
- Dishes, Flatware, Cups, and Counters – Eating and drinking together are prime ways spread germs. Regularly wipe down tables, chairs, and counters with disinfectant, and make sure that your eating utensils are clean.
- Personal Belongings – Remember that letting someone borrow your brush, scissors, or pens could result in you catching a virus. It’s not easy to clean these items, so you may have to rely on frequent hand-washing and hand sanitizer to protect yourself.
Often, avoiding cold and flu viruses depends on having the right tools at your disposal. Pre-moistened sanitizing cloths, spray sanitizers, hand sanitizers, and regular soap are all important in the fight against germs.