Have you ever wanted to grind your own meat? Perhaps you have seen ground beef or turkey in the grocery store and thought that it might be fun to make it yourself. And, the result is nothing short of delectable, once the meat is cooked, of course. You don’t have to work in a grocery store or be a butcher to grind your own meat, though. In fact, you can use a meat grinder from the comfort of your apartment in Alachua, FL.
To grind your own meat from home, just follow these steps:
- First of all, you’ll need a meat grinder. These can be bought in stores that sell home appliances and goods.
- Next, you’ll need a choice of meat to grind. Popular meats to grind include beef, pork, turkey, lamb, and venison. Trim away the excess fat from your meat.
- Make sure that your meat grinder is firmly stabilized on your table or countertop and that a plate is ready to catch your ground meat.
- Slice the meat into narrow chunks that will easily fit into the grinder.
- Place the raw meat into the mouth of the grinder and slowly turn the hand crank. Allow the grinder to pull the meat. Never force the meat into the grinder.
- Repeat the previous step until all of the meat is ground.
- When all of your meat is ground, insert a piece of bread into the grinder, and grind it to clean the machine. Throw the ground bread out when you are done.
- Wash the grinder with soap and water, and then store it in a safe place. Also, to avoid illnesses, make sure to wash and sterilize all surfaces that have touched raw meat.
To learn more about the apartments at One 51 Place and the spacious kitchens where you can prepare just about any cuisine you desire, please give us a call or stop by our leasing office for a community tour. We’d love to show you around and answer any questions you may have.