Sushi is becoming more and more popular in all different corners of the world, including right here in Alachua, Florida. At One 51 Place in the heart of Alachua, our spacious, full kitchens make for the perfect place for our residents to prepare and eat their very own sushi rolls. Hand rolling sushi is fairly simple and doesn’t require very many ingredients.
To hand roll your very own sushi from your apartment in Alachua, FL, follow these steps:
- Place a layer of plastic wrap over a sushi mat – both of these can be purchased at a number of nearby grocery stores
- Lay a sheet of Nori seaweed atop the plastic on the sushi mat
- Spread a cup of sushi rice atop the seaweed, leaving a few inches on one end of the seaweed bare
- Choose your ingredients and place them on top of the rice; make sure to not add too much
- Hold the edges of the mat with your thumbs and roll the mat away from your body, leaving about an inch of the seaweed unrolled
- Place a few single grains of rice on the unrolled part of the seaweed to act as glue for the sushi roll, and then finish rolling it, holding the folded mat tightly
- Allow the roll to sit for a minute, and then cut it into bite-size pieces
Now our residents will always know how to prepare a delicious and healthy meal with simple ingredients in just a few minutes. For additional information and details about renting an apartment in Alachua, FL, at One 51 Place, please fill out the form on our Contact Us page or give our leasing office a call today.