At One 51 Place, every single one of our apartment homes has a hookup for a full-size washer and dryer, a convenient feature that means that you won’t have to worry about finding the time or pocket change needed to go to a Laundromat. However, if you’ve never hooked up your own washer or dryer before, we’ve put together a list of tips to help make the process as simple as possible.
Below are the standard steps to hook up a washer or dryer at your One 51 Place apartment:
1. Move the washer and dryer into the area with the connections. The dryer hookup will have a ventilation hole, while the washer hookup will have two water connections and a standpipe.
2. Connect the washer by matching the hot and cold hoses on its side to the labeled connections on the wall. Make sure everything is adjusted and tightened before continuing.
3. Place the washer’s drain hose inside the standpipe. For best results, use duct tape or another adhesive to ensure that the drain hose stays connected to and remains inside of the pipe.
4. For the dryer, connect the vent on the back of the dryer to the vent hole on the wall, using a clamp to ensure that the connection is tight.
5. Then, plug both the washer and dryer in to an electrical outlet, and do one final spot check to ensure that everything is in place.
From there, you should go be good to start doing laundry at your Alachua apartment. However, if you have any questions about hooking up your own washer and dryer in your apartment home, or need assistance with maintenance in general, don’t hesitate to call our responsive team at the front office.
If you’re not yet a resident of our community but would like to learn more about our spacious apartment homes or community amenities, contact One 51 Place today.