Whether it’s a cold, the flu, or something different, no one likes getting sick. We are exposed to countless germs on a daily basis and if our immune systems are healthy, they do a great job of protecting us from getting sick. However, some people find themselves getting sick on a regular basis. If this sounds like you, or if you’re just looking for ways to stay healthy, you’ll be glad to know that there are a number of things that experts say you can do to keep your immune system functioning as well as possible.
Here are a few things you can do that may help strengthen your immune system and keep you from getting sick:
- Get a good amount of sleep. For most people, this is about seven to eight hours per night.
- Eat a balanced diet that is high in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Also eat probiotic foods, such as yogurt. These foods contain helpful bacteria that can keep your gut functioning efficiently, which can help to boost your immune system.
- Avoid tobacco use and excess alcohol consumption.
- Avoid refined sugars whenever possible, since experts believe these dramatically impact immune function.
Before making any substantial changes to your diet, be sure to consult with your physician. He or she may have some additional advice on things you can do to boost your immune system.
When it comes to Alachua, FL, apartments
, few places can offer the same combination of comfort, luxury, and affordability that is available at One 51 Place. Contact us today to learn about the reasons residents enjoy living in our community, or come by our leasing office to take a tour.