While it’s important to be diligent about keeping your apartment clean – tidying up, wiping down countertops, dusting furniture, mopping the floors, etc. – it’s just as important to keep your electronics clean. This will help to ensure your electronics’ performance doesn’t suffer – or worse, stop working completely.
Here are some tips for cleaning specific electronic gadgets in your apartment:
• LCD monitors – Clean with a dry microfiber cloth (if necessary, it can be moistened with a few drops of water); just be sure the screen is turned off, so you can better see the smudges.
• Any touch screen electronics (such as smartphones, tablets, e-readers, etc.) – Clean with a dry microfiber cloth (using water is not recommended as it can damage the device).
• Keyboards – Use compressed air to blow out any dust, and clean the keys using a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol to remove oil, grime, and germs.
• Laptops – Wet a Magic Eraser®, wring it out as much as you can, and gently rub it over your keyboard, trackpad, and laptop body while the device is turned off.
• Computer mouse – Use a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol and lightly rub the bottom of the gadget to remove dirt and grime.
Cleaning your electronics is something you should do regularly, especially as many of these devices are used on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis. Add it to your normal cleaning routine, and you’ll never forget about wiping down your devices again.
Our apartments in Alachua, Florida, feature walk-in closets, washer and dryer connections, nine-foot ceilings with crown molding, and appliances in bisque finishes.
Contact One 51 Place today, or stop by our leasing office to learn more.