About one in three people experience at least a mild form of insomnia at some point in their lives, so if you have trouble falling or staying asleep, you are not alone. Thankfully, there are a number of things you can do at home to minimize the impact this mild sleep disorder has on your life.
Some common tips that many experts suggest to combat insomnia include:
- Avoid using your bed for eating, working, and watching TV.
- Recondition yourself to associate your bed with sleep. If you find yourself lying in bed unable to sleep, get up and move to another room.
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends. Over time, your body will adjust its internal clock to this schedule.
- Try to avoid napping, as this extra sleep in the middle of the day can make falling asleep at night more challenging.
- Limit caffeine consumption in the later parts of the day. Keep in mind that this doesn’t only include coffee drinks, but sodas and chocolate as well, among other things.
- Avoid blue light. Many of us lay in bed with our phones at the end of the day, but the blue light emitted from smartphones, tablets, computer screens, and other devices can keep you from getting sleepy. At the very least, turn down the brightness on your device and keep the screen a good distance from your face.
One 51 Place apartments in Alachua, FL, have soothing color schemes and spacious bedrooms, so our residents can create their ideal sleeping conditions and wake up refreshed and ready to take on a new day. If you are not already a resident of our community, call us today, or stop by the leasing office to take a personal tour.