The pantry: In theory it can help to make shopping and cooking much easier by allowing you to easily store and see the items you have, but in actuality, pantries often become cluttered and overcrowded. If you’ve been putting off organizing your pantry for some time for fear of the amount of work you’ll be getting yourself into, don’t worry. Here are a few steps you can follow to keep your pantry organization as quick and painless as possible:
- It can be overwhelming to look at your entire pantry at once, so instead, focus on organizing one shelf at a time.
- Purge any expired items, or things that you don’t see yourself using in the immediate future.
- Group items together by type rather than by size. For example, you may have a shelf specifically for canned goods, another for different cereals, one for snack foods, and another for spices.
- Store sugar, flour, baking soda, and other boxed or bagged ingredients in glass or plastic storage containers to help minimize any mess when you use them. Be sure to label each container with both the contents and expiration dates to avoid potential baking mishaps.
- Make an effort to remove any expired food on a monthly basis to keep your pantry organized and clutter-free.
Those looking to declutter the pantries in their One 51 Place Alachua, FL, apartments
can use these tips to help put them on the path to success. If you are not currently a resident of One 51 Place but are interested in learning more about the benefits of living in our community, call us today or come by our leasing office to take a guided tour and speak to a member of our staff in person.