Bad habits – we’ve all got them, and they could be anything. Whether you bite your nails or reach for a box of cookies when you’re feeling stressed, most people have at least habit that they could afford to break. Establishing good habits in their place can help you make you a healthier, happier person in the long run, but this is often easier said than done. If you’re looking to break bad habits or form good ones, here are some tips that can help set you up for success:
- Start with something small, specific, and achievable. This could be making your bed every morning, giving up that donut you’ve been grabbing with your cup of coffee, or going for a brisk walk during your lunch.
- Make a public commitment to your new habit. You may choose to announce it on social media or simply chat about it with friends. This will give you someone to be accountable to other than yourself. When it comes to starting and maintaining new habits, accountability and support can make all the difference.
- Make a plan to help you stick to your new habit and visualize yourself being successful. Experts believe visualization is a powerful motivator that can help individuals accomplish whatever they set out to.
- Identify any obstacles or triggers that could keep you from being successful with your new habit-forming ventures and do your best to avoid them.
- Find ways to reward yourself when you are successful. This will help give you a reason to stick to your original plan when you’re having trouble staying motivated.
One 51 Place residents apartments in Alachua, FL, who are trying to establish new, good habits can follow these tips to put them on the path to success. Whether you are trying to keep your apartment cleaner, eat healthier, or something different entirely, remember that you can do anything you set your mind to. If you aren’t a resident at One 51 Place and would like to begin enjoying where you live, consider the benefits of moving to our community. Our spacious apartments are the perfect place to call home, and our community amenities include a clubhouse, pool, fitness center, and more. Contact One 51 Place today or come by our leasing office to learn more.