Have you considered switching over to homemade cleaners? While buying cleaning products from a store is a perfectly acceptable option, making your own homemade cleaners can be a worthwhile endeavor, allowing you to save money and help the environment.
Here are some common homemade cleaning supplies you can make:
• All-purpose cleaner – Mix together 1 cup of water with 1 cup of white vinegar in a spray bottle.
• Disinfectant – Fill a spray bottle with rubbing alcohol, spritz on surfaces, and wipe clean.
• Glass cleaner – Mix together 1 cup of rubbing alcohol, 1 cup of water, and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar in a spray bottle.
• Toilet bowl cleaner – Shake ½ cup of baking soda directly onto the interior surface of the bowl, add 10 drops of tea tree essential oil, and then pour in ½ cup of distilled white vinegar. Let this mixture sit for five minutes, and then scrub off with a toilet bowl brush.
• Shower cleaner – Mix together 2 teaspoons of borax, ½ teaspoon of liquid castile soap, ½ cup distilled white vinegar, and 3 cups of hot water in a spray bottle.
There are many other homemade cleaners you can make – such as dish soap and furniture polish – but the above list can give you a wonderful start in the world of do-it-yourself cleaning supplies.
Looking for Alachua, Florida, apartments? Then, your search can end here with One 51 Place. Our apartments feature professionally designed color schemes, nine-foot ceilings with crown molding, and walk-in closets.
To learn more, or to schedule a tour of our community, contact us today. Or, stop by our leasing office during our regular office hours.