Is there something in your life you’re trying to change? It could be as simple as getting up earlier or cleaning your floors every day. Or, you could be trying to make a bigger change like quitting smoking. Regardless, creating new, positive habits is difficult. Humans are, after all, creatures of habit, so when we try to disrupt our norm by creating new habits, no matter how good they may be, it’s not easy. It takes a tremendous amount of thought, planning, and willpower, rather than simply acting mindlessly. However, creating new habits isn’t impossible – you just have to be a little strategic about it.
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you create new, positive habits:
- Start by choosing one small thing you’d like to change.
- Make it something specific and measurable so you can easily track your success.
- Ensure that you are choosing something you truly want to change, rather than something a friend or family member wants you to do. This will ensure you are motivated enough to succeed.
- Commit to your new habit publicly so you have people holding you accountable.
- Set up rewards for yourself as you continue to stick to your new habit.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to more easily make your new habit part of your lifestyle. Before you know it, you won’t need to think about doing it at all because your new habit will become just that – a habit.
One 51 Place has apartments in Alachua, FL
, that are available to rent. If you aren’t currently a resident of our community but would like to make it a habit to come home to a spacious apartment with many convenient amenities, contact us today.