At One 51 Place, our residents have a range of enjoyable hobbies to occupy their time. These hobbies can range from photography to reading, and golfing to fishing. And one such hobby our residents love to do is knitting. Knitting is a method by which thread or yarn is used to create cloth. By knitting, you can create blankets, hats, socks, purses, scarves, and so much more.
When you want to get started in knitting, here are some common terms to remember:
• Swatch – A sample piece that you knit to establish the combination of yarn type, needle size, pattern, and knitting tension that will produce the desired sizing result
• Garter stitch – When you knit all stitches on all rows
• Tapestry needle – A sewing needle with a rounded tip used for weaving and seaming
• Casting on – Establishing the foundation of stitches to begin knitting
• Cast off – Finishing method to remove live stitches from needles
• Circular needles – Needles attached to a flexible cord
Knitting is a wonderful hobby that is said to have many great health benefits. Studies have found that the rhythmic and repetitive action of knitting can relax your body, decrease blood pressure, and help to prevent illnesses.
Our apartments in Alachua, Florida, come in three color palettes to choose from (beige, taupe, and grey), which are reflected throughout the apartment. They feature nine-foot ceilings with crown molding, modern appliances in bisque, oversized maple and oak kitchen cabinets, and enormous walk-in closets. To learn more, call us today or stop by our leasing office for a tour.