Whether you’re eating them with lunch or as an afternoon snack, potato chips are the perfect choice when you’re looking for a salty treat. Though there are many delicious store-bought chips to choose from, there’s nothing quite like the taste of homemade potato chips. By following the simple steps below, you’ll be well on your way to enjoying this crunchy snack from the comfort of your apartment. Fair warning – the chips may not last long!
- Before you start, make sure you have all the necessary ingredients. You’ll need russet potatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Carefully peel and slice your potatoes. You can experiment with thickness; just remember that the thicker the chips, the longer they’ll take to cook.
- Place the slices in a bowl of water and let them sit for 5 minutes – this will remove some of the excess starch. Then, drain and pat the potatoes dry with a paper towel.
- Put the slices in a bowl and drizzle them with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper as desired, stirring to ensure the slices are being seasoned evenly.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray. Place the potato slices on the sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through. When done, the chips should be crisp and golden-brown in color.
- Remove the chips from the oven and let them cool. Lightly sprinkle with salt, and your homemade potato chips are ready to serve!
Whether by yourself or in a group, our apartments in Alachua, FL, are perfect for stretching out and enjoying your tasty snack. You can even take your chips to munch on at our community pool! For more information about the luxurious amenities available at One 51 place, call us today or stop by our leasing office to take a personal tour.