Massage therapy can enhance the function of the body, aid in its healing processes, relieve muscle tension, and promote relaxation, among other benefits. It is an advantageous activity to try for those who feel tension in their bodies, whether that means tight shoulders, frequent headaches, or strained muscles.
There are a variety of massages one can choose from, including:
• Swedish massage – A popular massage style that involves long, smooth strokes, kneading, and circular movements.
• Aromatherapy massage – This type of massage is said to be best suited for those looking to relieve stress. It features the inclusion of essential oils that are used to address specific needs, such as relaxing, energizing, and/or balancing the body.
• Hot stone massage – A massage in which heated, smooth stones are placed on certain points on the body to warm and loosen tight muscles, and balance energy centers in the body.
• Deep tissue massage – Used for chronically tight or painful muscles, recovery from injury, posture problems, and more. The massage therapist will use slow strokes against the grain of muscle to target the deeper layers of the muscle and connective tissue.
• Reflexology – A foot massage in which a therapist applies pressure to certain points on the foot that are believed to correspond to organs and systems in the body.
Receiving a massage can be a wonderful, natural way to relieve stress and tension in the body. For those who are considering getting a massage, they should take the time to consider the different massage types and their benefits to find the one that best fits their needs.
To learn more about our Alachua, Florida, apartments, contact One 51 Place today or stop by our leasing office to take a tour.