Using spices when you cook can be a fantastic way to enhance the flavor of your food. Imagine a chicken breast with no seasoning on it. It would be a little bland. That’s the beauty of spices – they add incredible flavor to your meal, without appreciably increasing the number of calories or fat content. But, cooking with spices is a learning process, and it takes time to recognize which foods pair the best with certain spices, which is why we’ve put together this handy list:
• Cayenne pepper – Adds sweet heat to soups, braises, and spice mixes
• Cumin – Use in chili, taco seasoning, stews, and soups
• Garlic powder – Use in pasta sauces, marinades, salad dressing, and rub into poultry, pork, or beef before cooking
• Nutmeg – A regular ingredient in baked goods (such as cake, custard, and cookies), but can also work well on pancakes, fruits, and vegetables
• Paprika – Goes well with many different foods, including eggs, meat, poultry, stews, soups, fish, steamed vegetables, rice, and creamy sauces
If you haven’t used spices before, try starting with some of those mentioned in the above list. You may be surprised at how much one or more of these spices can enhance the flavor of a dish.
If you’re looking for apartments for rent in Alachua, Florida, contact One 51 Place today. Our apartments feature professionally designed color schemes, nine-foot ceilings with crown molding, and modern appliances in the color bisque. We also offer wonderful community amenities, such as a surround-sound theater and an air-conditioned, full-sized indoor basketball court.