Getting ready to move into your new One 51 Place apartment is exciting. You are undoubtedly looking forward to enjoying everything your new apartment will offer, as well as all of the ways your apartment’s amenities will make life more convenient and enjoyable. However, moving is no small task, and there are a number of things to do to make sure your move goes smoothly.
If you are feeling overwhelmed about getting everything done for your upcoming move, don’t worry! Here is a list of some of the most important tasks to complete before starting the next chapter of your life at your new apartment:
- Get rid of things you no longer use or need to reduce clutter and make moving easier
- Arrange to rent a moving truck or hire movers
- Arrange to have your electricity, internet, and other services activated
- Update your address on all of your accounts, including credit cards, bank accounts, tax forms, and voter registration
- Get a new ID that has your new address on it
- Begin packing as early as possible, starting with items you don’t use frequently or won’t need until you are in your new apartment
You may consider making yourself a checklist for your move that includes these tasks and any other things you may need to complete. Having a physical list will help make sure you don’t forget to do something important, and give you a sense of accomplishment as your to-do list grows smaller.
One 51 Place currently has apartments for rent in Alachua, FL. For more information, contact our leasing office today.