The earth’s water supply is a limited resource. In fact, according to the American Water Works Association, less than one percent of the earth’s water is suitable for drinking. This means that it’s important to understand all the different ways we can protect this limited resource and do our part in being more efficient stewards of our planet.
Here is a list of five easy ways to conserve water:
• Use your dishwasher rather than cleaning dishes by hand (and only run the dishwasher when there is a full load)
• Wash your fruits and veggies in a pan of water, instead of under running water
• Turn off the water while you’re brushing your teeth
• Check your faucets, toilets, shower heads, etc. for leaks; if you do have a leak, call our maintenance office, and we will arrange for it to be fixed
• Rinse your razor in a sink of warm water, rather than letting the water run while you shave
These water conservation tips can easily be implemented right at our Alachua, Florida, apartments. You don’t need to overhaul your entire life in one day – simply choose a task from the list above and make it part of your daily routine.
At One 51 Place, our apartments come in beautiful color schemes – beige, taupe, or gray – and have many wonderful features, such as nine-foot ceilings with crown molding, oversized maple and oak kitchen cabinets, walk-in closets, and washer and dryer hookups. Contact us today or stop by our leasing office to take a tour of our community.