Banks in America can be useful for many different things. They help us safely store our money, give financial advice for the future, and can even help us out with a loan in times of need. However, banks are not open for business every day of the year. Banks are closed on Sundays, and also take ten weekdays off each year. These ten weekdays are what are commonly referred to as bank holidays. Taking some time to learn about these bank holidays can help you adjust your budget and schedule to when the banks are open, and when you’ll just have to wait until the next day to visit one.
Bank holidays observed by banks near our apartments for rent in Alachua and throughout the United States include:
- New Year’s Day – January 1st
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday – The 3rd Monday in January
- Presidents’ Day – The 3rd Monday in February
- Memorial Day – The last Monday in May
- Independence Day – July 4th
- Labor Day – The 1st Monday in September
- Columbus Day – The 2nd Monday in October
- Veterans Day – November 11th
- Thanksgiving Day – The 4th Thursday in November
- Christmas Day – December 25th
While the banks are closed on these days, you can still enjoy all of these holidays to the fullest in our apartment community in Alachua. If you would like to find out additional information about One 51 Place, please fill out the form on our Contact Us page or stop by our leasing office today for a tour of the community.