It’s no secret that college athletics is a big industry in America today with billions of dollars made each year. What keeps these institutions making money year after year, as well as keeping fans and alumni interested, begins with the recruiting of high school players. Not surprisingly, college football and basketball recruiting are the most highly followed. The close following of college athletics recruiting across America has helped turn National Signing Day into a spectacle where fans’ dreams are made and brilliant young careers begin. You, too, can follow the recruiting trail right from our apartments for rent in Alachua.
College recruits are given ratings that reflect their intangibles, talents, and overall athletic ability. The different levels of highly touted high school athletes include:
- 5-star recruits: Athletes who exhibit exceptional talent and are expected to have a successful professional career out of college. These types of players are extremely rare and almost always attend schools with prominent athletic programs.
- 4-star recruits: Athletes that exhibit a high level of talent and are expected to have significant team contributions as college freshmen.
- 3-star recruits: Athletes who show signs of greatness, just not on a consistent level. The athletes are still expected to have strong college careers, though they may not make the grade at the professional level.
- 2-star recruits: Athletes who display talent worthy of a college scholarship from schools with less prominent athletic programs.
- 1-star recruits: Athletes possessing some redeeming qualities, but are not expected to see much playing time at the college level.
With this information, you’ll have a much better understanding of the madness that is college athletics recruiting and be able to follow it from the comfort of your own living room. If our apartments for rent in Alachua sound like the next place you’d like to call home, please fill out the form on our Contact Us page or give our leasing office a call today.