If you’re looking to become more environmentally-friendly, one great way to do so is by conserving water. While water is constantly being cleaned and recycled through the earth’s water cycle, it still needs to be conserved because cities and towns often use up fresh water faster than it can naturally be replenished.
There are five easy ways to conserve water at your apartment, including:
• Take shorter showers. A four-minute shower uses approximately 20 to 40 gallons of water, so even shaving a minute off your shower time will save a ton of water.
• Turn off the water while shaving, brushing your teeth, or washing your face. This is a lesson many of us learned when we were younger, but aren’t implementing in our lives today. A standard faucet will use about two to three gallons of water per minute, which may not seem like a lot but can add up throughout the year.
• Only run your dishwasher or clothes washer when you have a full load. Not only will you be conserving water, but you’ll also be saving energy.
• Ditch bottled water for water from your faucet. Typically, three liters of regular water go into making just one liter of bottled water. You can purchase water filters for your faucet that can remove the impurities found in tap water. It’s better for the environment – and saves you money in the long run.
• Reduce the amount of junk mail you receive. Did you know that billions of gallons of water are used to produce the paper your junk mail is printed on? Sign up with dmachoice.org to get your name and address deleted from direct marketing lists.
If you would like to learn more about our apartments for rent in Alachua, Florida, contact our leasing office today or stop by our office. We would be happy to take you on a tour of our community and show you our many fabulous amenities.