These days, everyone is getting into the swing of being as eco-friendly as possible. More and more people are discovering that it’s not only easy to make small adjustments that benefit the Earth, but it can also end up saving quite a bit of money. With the simple steps below, you can reduce your carbon footprint while increasing the amount of money in your wallet!
Follow these energy saving tips in our apartments in Alachua, Florida:
- Always unplug cords from the outlet when a device is not in use, like phone charger cords, toaster cords, and coffee maker cords.
- Make an effort to let your dishes air dry or use the “no heat dry” setting on your dishwasher.
- Switch all of you light bulbs to Energy Star® approved compact fluorescents.
- Wash clothes in cold water whenever possible.
- Try not to let your showers exceed 15 minutes.
- Make sure to turn lights off when you're not using them.
- Close blinds and drapes in the summer and open them in the winter so that the sun (or lack thereof) can help regulate your apartment temperature.
- In the summer, turn on overhead fans instead of running your air conditioning on full blast.
These energy saving tips, in addition to being conscientious about recycling and reusing, can reduce the impact on the Earth. For more energy saving tips, feel free to browse the community articles on our website. If you would like more information about the apartment features or community amenities at One 51 Place, please do not hesitate to contact our leasing office today.