Our Alachua, Florida apartments are extremely spacious and provide plenty of room to do all sorts of fun activities. One particularly relaxing and rewarding thing to do in your apartment at One 51 Place is to learn interesting facts about the wonderful state of Florida. The state we call home has a vast history and many intriguing characteristics that anyone can appreciate learning about.
The following are some fun facts to know about the Sunshine State:
- Florida was admitted to the United States as the 27th state on March 3, 1845.
- There are approximately 1,800 miles of coastline and 1,200 miles of beaches across the state.
- Florida was discovered by Juan Ponce de Leon in 1513 near present-day St. Augustine.
- Former United States President Andrew Jackson served as Florida’s military governor until Congress ratified a territorial constitution for the state.
- Florida is the fourth largest state in terms of population, behind California, Texas, and New York, respectively.
Now that you know more about Florida and its history, you might want to learn more about the Alachua, Florida apartments at One 51 Place as well. If so, please fill out the form on our Contact Us page or stop by our leasing office today for a personal tour.