There are few ways of entertaining your closest friends that are classier than hosting a dinner party. However, the task of preparing a large meal, cleaning your apartment prior to the event, and still managing to find time to be a good host can be a daunting task if you’ve never tried it before. Fortunately, we’ve compiled this list of important things to remember so that you can knock your next swanky get-together out of the ballpark.
Some of the best steps to take when preparing for a dinner party at our apartments in Alachua, Florida, include:
- Use trusted recipes you’ve already mastered – Choose entrees that you’ve already prepared successfully at least once. This will help to ease the stress of cooking for the party. If you’ve never really cooked before or want to try something new, practice making the dish at least once, well before the day of your event.
- Incorporate dishes that reheat well – Steer clear of overly complex meals that have to be eaten immediately after they are prepared. Preparing dishes that reheat well (like a stew or lasagna) means that you can cook them well in advance of the party start time, as well as ensure that any leftovers will taste just as delicious the next day.
- Don’t be afraid to delegate – Even if the party is not a potluck, encourage people to bring small extra items, such as drinks, a salad, or a dessert plate. Little touches like this will help everyone feel like they’ve contributed something and will save you from having to sweat the small stuff.
- Don’t worry about plates and cups – Don’t stress if you don’t have an array of matching plates and glassware. Using a bunch of mismatched plates can be charming and add a touch of fun to your dinner party as long as you don’t take it (or yourself) too seriously.
- Let a favorite region or style dictate your culinary choices – Pick a theme! This can be a certain style of cuisine or a particular kind of food unique to a region or country of your choice. No matter what you settle on, make sure it’s something you have a little experience with and enjoy eating. For extra points, try to include decorations typical to the area you’ve chosen.
- Remember to plan ahead – Tidy up your apartment as much as you can in advance of the party start time, but remember to set a little time aside to relax before everyone arrives. This will let you enjoy your party more and allow you to be a better host.
If you follow these instructions, you’ll be well on your way to hosting an excellent dinner party at your One 51 Place apartment that you and your friends will remember with full hearts and full stomachs for a long time to come.