Music has come a long way through the years. From vinyl records to eight track cassettes to compact discs and now to digital storage, it has certainly become easier to manage music collections with each new storage format. However, you may have most of your music stored on compact discs and not in mp3 files. You can easily convert the music on your compact discs into mp3s and be able to better manage your entire music collection in our Alachua, Florida apartments. All you’ll need are your CDs and a computer with Internet access.
Managing your music collection digitally is simple. Just:
- Convert all of your compact discs into a digital format using iTunes. iTunes can be downloaded for free online at http://www.apple.com/itunes/.
- Once you start the iTunes program on your computer and insert your CD into your PC, click on the “Import CD” button on the top right, and iTunes will start copying all the music onto your computer.
- The program will allow you to fill in artist’s names, song titles, album titles, and genres. Enter in the appropriate names and titles for each song in your music collection.
- Rate your music from one to five stars. iTunes will automatically create a playlist titled, “My Top Rated” for all of your four- and five star songs.
- After a few minutes, the CD should be copied into your My Documents / My Music / iTunes / iTunes Music.
- Create your own playlists to put together a song assortment to fit any occasion.
Now your music will be simplified, so you can quickly find just what you are looking for. If you would like to learn more about the Alachua, Florida apartments available at One 51 Place, please fill out a form on our Contact Us page or stop by our leasing office today for a tour.