In today’s world, nearly everything from banking to shopping seems to be done with computers. However, there are dangers lurking in the cyber world, and you constantly have to protect your computer from viruses and yourself from identity theft, among many other cyber-hazards. Fortunately, though, there are programs that can help your computer stay virus-free and a few things you can incorporate into your computer usage to keep you better protected from the threats of the e-world.
Here are a few simple measures you can take to help keep your computer free from harm in our apartments for rent in Alachua:
- Only allow yourself and trusted family and friends to use your computer.
- Visit websites that you know and trust, and avoid all websites that look odd, unfamiliar, and untrustworthy.
- Download a virus protection program, and regularly scan your computer for malware, spyware, and other viruses.
- Download all software updates as soon as they become available.
- Back up your important files regularly. There are services you can enroll in to help you with backups, or you can copy your files to a flash drive or CD. Some people periodically e-mail their important files to their own G-Mail, Yahoo, or MSN account.
- Never open an e-mail attachment from someone you don’t know.
- Be extremely careful giving out your personal information online.
- If your computer begins to function abnormally, take it to a computer technician, and have him or her take a look at it. Also ask your technician if there’s anything else you can do to protect your personal information and your computer.
Now you can relax a bit and compute with ease, knowing that you are taking necessary measures to protect your computer. If you would like to request more information in regards to our apartment community, please fill out a form on our Contact Us page or call our leasing office today.