Yogurt is said to have quite a few health benefits. It contains probiotics that maintain the health of your digestive tract, and is also full of minerals and vitamins, like calcium, potassium, riboflavin, and B12. Luckily, this healthy snack comes in a variety of flavors, so you can always indulge your taste buds.
The other great thing about yogurt, aside from its many health benefits, is that it can be served with a variety of toppings that can make it much more filling. Yogurt can even be used to make savory sauces and side dishes, not just sweet treats. Try the following recipes to add some “yowzers!” to your yogurt:
- Top strawberry yogurt with chopped peanuts, bananas, and a dollop of peanut butter for a low-carb spin on the traditional peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
- Stir cocoa powder, sugar, and raspberry jam into vanilla yogurt for a quick treat that resembles a fancy chocolate mousse desert.
- Top vanilla yogurt with chopped apples, granola, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg for a single serving of yummy, no-bake apple cobbler.
- Combine plain yogurt, grated cucumber, olive oil, garlic, vinegar, and minced mint to create an easy tzatziki sauce that’s a perfect topping for meat, fish, and veggies.
- Combine plain yogurt, curry powder, chopped onion, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Sauté chicken in a pan, then slowly add curried yogurt sauce during the last several minutes of cooking.
There is no end to the fun things you can whip up with all the great features in the kitchens at our apartments for rent in Alachua. At One 51 Place, each apartment kitchen comes with a spacious pantry, glass-top stove, oversized kitchen cabinets, modern appliances, and much more. And you can rest assured that the features in the rest of the apartment are just as luxurious. Contact our leasing office today to set up a tour of our beautiful community.