A security deposit is a fee you pay when
signing a lease. If something is damaged
in your apartment, the funds to repair
the damage are drawn from the security
deposit. If nothing is damaged, then you
have the best chance of getting your deposit
back when you leave your apartment.
When it comes to daily living in your
apartment in Alachua,
FL, you can protect your security
- Following the lease terms to the letter.
- Paying rent on time every month.
- Frequently wiping down cabinets and
- Cleaning the carpet as soon as possible
anytime there are spills or other messes,
which helps prevent staining.
- Telling the office right away about
any repairs you need. (If you wait to
tell us about a needed repair, it could
result in a more extensive and costly
- Removing garbage from the apartment
- Washing your kitchen and bathroom
- Regularly cleaning your stove, oven,
microwave, and refrigerator.
- Maintaining windows and windowsills
by dusting and cleaning often.
- Cleaning and maintaining small, often
overlooked items and fixtures, including
switch plates, crown moldings, and entryways.
- Running ventilation fans for ½
hour after cooking and for ½
hour after showering to remove moisture
from your home.
Our staff takes great pride in maintaining
our community and we’re so pleased
that our residents follow suit, making
One 51 Place a wonderful community in
which to live. If you are looking for
an Alachua apartment to call home, our
team invites you to stop by One 51 Place
for a community tour.